- 125g. butter
- 250mL. all-purpose cream
- 1 1/2 can 370mL. evaporated milk
- 1 can 425g. sliced mushroom
- 100g. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 chicken cubes; crushed
- 2 tsp. cornstarch and (not hot nor cold) water to thicken sauce.
- a dash of pepper
- Melt butter in a pot over a low-medium heat. Make sure it's not very hot that it could burn the butter.
- Sauté mushrooms until browned.
- Add the evaporated mik, all-purpose cream, crushed chicken cubes and cheese
- Bring to boil while constantly stirring. Add the cornstarch and water mixture. Do not increase the heat.
- Add a dash of pepper according to your liking.
Things I've considered:
I've used only 2 tsp. of cornstarch and enough water to dissolve it. I removed the sauce from heat before it gets very thick because it will evaporate most of it's water later and through re-heating.
Expenses(approximate since I didn't consumed all of the ingredients):
- 250g. Dari Creme Butter (consumed half of it at around Php25.00)
- 250mL. Alaska Crema all-purpose cream (consumed 1 pack of it at Php34.50)
- 2 can of Alaska Evaporada (consumed 1 1/2 of it at around Php31.80)
- 1 can 425g. sliced mushroom (consumed 1 can of it at Php27.50)
- 100g Perfect Italiano Parmesan cheese (consumed the whole pack at Php159.00)
- 1 Knorr chicken cubes (bought 1 cube of it from a local sari-sari store at Php5.00)
- 1 small box of Queen cornstarch (consumed 2 tsp. of it at around Php2.00)
- pepper (from our kitchen at around Php0.50)
Total Estimated Price for all the consumed ingredients:
- 250g. Dari Creme Butter (Php50.00)
- 250mL. Alaska Crema all-purpose cream (Php34.50)
- 2 can of Alaska Evaporada (Php42.40)
- 1 can 425g. sliced mushroom (Php27.50)
- 100g Perfect Italiano Parmesan cheese (Php159.00)
- 1 Knorr chicken cubes (Php5.00)
- 1 small box of Queen cornstarch (Php11.50)
- pepper (from our kitchen)
Total Actual Price:
Php329.90 (I've used 1 cup of the evaporated milk on my Cordon Bleu. So I consumed all my evaporated milk. :))
It's ok to use a subtitute while making any recipes. For this, you can use any local cheese you have since Parmesan is a bit expensive. :) Good luck! :)