- First of all, you need to prepare all your ingredients. Here they are:
10 boneless chicken breast halves, skin removed
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
10 pieces King Sue hawaiian ham, cut each in half
10 slices Eden cheddar cheese
whole wheat bread crumbs
- Place each piece of chicken inside a food storage bag. Pound gently to flatten, using a smooth side of meat mallet.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine eggs with 1 cup condensed milk
- Dip chicken pieces in mixture.
- Place 2 pieces of ham and cheese in the center of each flattened piece of chicken.
- Fold ends over ham and cheese. Roll up and secure them with toothpicks.
- Dredge chicken in the 1/3 cup flour.
- Dip it again in the egg-milk mixture.
- roll them in bream crumbs to coat well
- Place chicken rolls on a container. cover and refrigerate them (I did it overnight).
- Heat oven for about 10 minutes
- Place the chicken rolls inside the oven for 30 minutes or until then bread crubs turns brown.
- Serve 10 cordon bleu pieces.
Things I've considered:
I've tried to oven the chicken roll pieces to save oil plus the fact that it is healthier than the fried version. The difference is, it's not that crispy but it's moist and tender.
Expenses(approximate since I didn't consumed all of the ingredients):
- King Sue Hawaiian Ham (consumed 1 pack of it at Php42.25)
- Eden Cheese (consumed almost half of it at around Php50.00)
- Alaska Evaporada (consumed 1 cup of it at around Php10.00)
- Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs (consumed half of it at around Php18.00)
- Glad Storage Lock Bag (consumed 1 piece of its 20 pieces at around Php11.30)
Queen All-Purpose Cream (consumed half of it at Php24.30)
- Chicken breast fillet (consumed all of it at Php180.84)
- 2 Eggs (consumed all of it but I didn't bought it. I've just got them from our ref. :D around Php10.00 @ Php5.oo each)
- salt and pepper (also, I've got this one from our kitchen. cost at around Php5.00)
Total Estimated Price for all the consumed ingredients:
- King Sue Hawaiian Ham (Php42.25)
- Eden Cheese (Php97.75)
- Alaska Evaporada (Php21.20)
- Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs (Php36.00)
- Glad Storage Lock Bag (Php113.00)
- Queen All-purpose Cream (Php48.60)
- Chicken breast fillet (Php180.84)
- 2 Eggs (I used 2 from our ref :))
- salt and pepper (also, I've got this one from our kitchen :))
Total Actual Price:
It's ok to have excess ingredients. You might used them again on your next recipes. But since this is my first recipe I've followed, I think I've learned how to estimate closer on what I might consume during the actual cooking. Ok, now try it on your own. Good Luck! :)